Browse the topics below to assist you With your questions
HOW DO I SELL AN ITEM – WE PROMISE IT IS SEW EASY AND ONLY TAKES A COUPLE OF MINUTES
- Create a free account at dressfordignity.org.au
- Upload up to 5 photos – this can be you or someone wearing the dress or the dress hanging in a light space with a clear background
- Click ‘Sell my dress’ and follow the prompts including
- selecting whether you are happy for someone to collect locally from you or shipping only
- the amount of your sale that you would like to donate towards making an impact (you can choose to keep up to 80% of the sale)
- Click submit to list your dress for sale
HOW DOES THE POSTAGE WORK?
- Thanks to Australia Post this process is very simple and all items are a flat rate $12.95 shipping.
- When and item is listed for sale with shipping selected the flat rate postage will be added onto to sale price when the buyer pays for the item.
- The seller then receives via email a pre-paid mail label which can be printed and attached to the parcel and then dropped into any Australia Post Mailbox. Or you can head on into any Australia Post Office with the email and they will assist you with attaching the mail label.
HOW DOES LOCAL PICK-UP WORK?
- When an item is listed and local pick up is selected – not details will be shared other than postcode of where the item is located so customers can search for local pick-up items via postcode.
- When the item sells the buyer and seller are then sent contact details so that you can each arrange a suitable date, time and whether you will organise for no contact pick up.
HOW WILL I RECEIVE MY FUNDS FROM THE SALE OF MY ITEM?
- Once you list your item and opt to keep some of the sale funds you will be asked to connect your PayPal account ready for us to distribute the funds to you when your item sells.
- We will distribute the funds to you 14 days after the item sells.
Will I receive a tax receipt?
- Yes, if you sell an item on dressfordignity.org.au you will receive a tax deductible receipt when your item sells for the amount that has been donated towards helping make a difference.
- Please note that only the sellers receive a tax deductable receipt for the amount that is donated.
WHERE WILL THE FUNDS FROM MY PURCHASE OR SALE GO?
- All sales proceeds from the transaction will be donated directly to Share the Dignity, helping a woman or girl in need experiencing homelessness, fleeing domestic violence, and doing it tough. Your heartfelt transaction will make someone’s day.
CAN I STILL SHARE AND PROMOTE MY ITEM IN BUY, SWAP AND SELL GROUPS?
- Of course, once your item or items are listed you can share your individual item listing or your closet via a simple URL share. Your item and closet will each have unique URL’s that you can share away in as many places as you like.
WHY LIST MY ITEMS ON DRESS FOR DIGNITY?
- Dress for Dignity is a purpose-built solution that makes selling your items super easy. You can create your closet in seconds and share links directly to your closet or individual items which can be shared into community groups. Let our platform take the hard work out of selling your items.
HOW DO I SHOP ON DRESS FOR DIGNITY AND KEEP IT CIRCULAR?
- Visit dressfordignity.org.au and create a free account. We promise it only takes minutes to do.
- Browse our website for the perfect piece (you can even refine your search by brand, size, colour, local pick up items in your suburb or price for easy viewing)
- Simply hit purchase and choose from postage or local pick up depending on the options the seller has selected.
- The seller will be notified of your purchase and sent a mail label to get your parcel on the way or you will be both connected to arrange pick up.
What if it doesn’t fit?
- Uh oh, wrong size? If your item doesn't fit like a glove, please complete our returns and exchange form here to get started. We recommend re-listing the item on Dress for Dignity and let someone else love it just as much as you would have.
Can I return or exchange?
- If your heartfelt purchase isn’t working for you, we want to help. While we do not provide refunds, we can provide a credit for you to put towards another purchase from the Dress for Dignity website. To get started, complete our returns and exchange form and we’ll roll up our sleeves and take care of the rest. Credits are valid for 12 months and can be used at dressfordignity.org.au.
What is a circular economy?
- Simply put - it’s a better planet, for everyone, everywear. A circular economy promotes reusing and recycling existing materials with the aim to significantly reduce waste and landfill. When you keep your pre-loved fashion in play for as long as possible, it’s conscious, it’s caring, it’s circular. It’s the right fashion choice and when you care, the future looks good
WHAT DOES DRESS FOR DIGNITY SELL AND IS IT ONLY DRESSES?
- Dress means so much more than the ‘dress’ we love to frock up in and that’s why you can list and buy all different types of clothing for both women, men and children.
CAN I DROP MY CLOTHES SOMEWHERE?
- Whilst we love receiving donations, Dress for Dignity is about creating an online platform to connect buyers, sellers, and impact. Listing your items is easy and takes just a couple of minutes.
WHAT PHOTOS SHOULD I USE?
- A photo of you or someone wearing the item helps to show what the item looks like on someone. It doesn’t have to be a recent photo and can be an old photo of you on holiday or wearing the item. If you don’t have one, then holding the dress up on a hanger or finding a clear background where you can hang the items to photograph also works well.
How do I redeem a gift card?
- It’s time to start our story together as you join the Dress for Dignity journey. Here’s a few steps to help ensure you have a seamless transaction while redeeming your gift card. Don’t forget all gift cards must be used in one transaction. If your item purchased is under the value of your gift card, the remaining funds will be donated to Share the Dignity.
- Search for a pre-loved fashion item you love
- Add to cart and proceed to checkout
- Enter your unique gift card code upon check-out
WHAT IS SHARE THE DIGNITY?
- Share the Dignity is a charity in Australia, that works to make a real difference in the lives of those experiencing homelessness, fleeing domestic violence, or doing it tough. We distribute period products to women, girls, and anyone who menstruates who needs support. When someone is doing it tough, the last thing on their mind should be dealing with their period
- We assist those in need by collecting hundreds of thousands of period products each year through collection drives and campaigns. These products are distributed directly to charities across Australia.
- We also work on advocacy by aiming to end period poverty in Australia, we helped to axe the tampon tax in 2018 and are now focused on ensuring all public hospitals offer free sanitary items to those who need them through #PadUpPublicHealth. We are working on ending the shame and stigma around periods through our Period Pride campaign.